Team Leader - Synthesis - #1435751
Topia Technologies Private Limited
The Team Leader shall report to the Head of the Department and shall perform research activities as designing and conducting scientific experiments, analyzing and interpreting results leading to the discovery and pre-development of innovative molecules for crop protection / crop growth with the aim of adding significant value to the business. Person will be working within a healthy environment and promote the positivity that we possess here.
Day-to-day work will include:
- Leading Research Projects and functionally guide a Project Team of scientists (Master degree/PhD) to carry out design and synthesis of defined target molecules.
- To handle the projects with the project timelines, objectives and allocated resources.
- The role holder shall plan and propose all input, equipment and other requirements for procurement to team members - Chemistry to ensure efficient conduct of project activities.
- Fulfilling requirements and achieving goals set by Department Head.
- Ensuring the security of intellectual property for NCE (patent applications, ensuring freedom-to-operate).
- Work with the Team to achieve and exceed targets within the frame given by the Management.
- Support to Management in achieving overall department objectives.
- Continuous documentation and reporting of all research results obtained within the area of responsibility.
- Carrying out literature search by use of all available tools (Reaxis/Scifinder/Patents etc.), support the Department Head in his work, e. g. contribute actively to designing of new potent molecules, design/identify synthetic routes etc.
- Carrying out synthetic experiments safely and efficiently, while capturing all relevant details of the experimental procedure and related data effectively.
- Collection of data (Chemistry and Biology), documentation and reports for further to support to the Regulatory Agencies.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with other Teams and support groups such as Analytical chemistry/biology to maximize cooperation and consequent benefit to delivery on objectives.
- Identify the optimized process for synthesis of small organic molecules.
- Determine chemical and physical properties, compositions, structures, relationships and reactions of organic and inorganic compounds.
- Collaborate with the purchase team to get the drug intermediates, solvents and initial chemical requirements.
- Master's Degree/Dr. Organic Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Chemistry/synthesis chemistry.
- Should have at least 5 years practical experience of working in the Synthesis R&D.
- Lead the team & supportive to the Department Head.
- Should possess knowledge of softwares and simulations used in the process of validation as well as testing of small molecules.
- Must be a collaborative Team Leader who will work closely with fellow professionals (scientists, domain experts, and team leads).
To know more about us and exciting opportunities, you can visit www.topiatech.uk